Monday, September 15, 2008

dirty diaper detour


These days we have been pushing little B pretty hard to do his business somewhere (ANYWHERE) other than his pants.  He is a stubborn guy and seems to be unaware of our encouragements or of the smell that follows him around.  Did you know G can even use a dirty diaper for His glory?  Saturday night T and I went to a worship gathering (I'll say more about it later) and left the boys with a friend of ours at our house.  They were planning a trip to the market near our home.  As they were leaving B's fragrance became a distraction and the trip was put on hold for a quick change.  They arrived at the market only to find a chaotic mess with fire trucks and ambulances all around.  At the gathering, T and I heard everyone talking about the bomb blasts that had just rocked the city.  After questioning a few people it was clear that two of the explosions took place in our market.  We anxiously called, knowing the plan and timing pointed to bad news.  Our friend answered with the message that G had used a diaper to save the day!  However, the reports say that 20 people died and 100 more were injured in this tragedy (people we are growing to love).  Please ask that many would hear and respond to His story before something like this happens again.


The gathering T and I attended was incredible and probably the first of it's kind in our city.  A man and his wife had come to live in this country many years ago.  They worked very hard to learn the language and culture (as our family is doing these days).  Unlike T and I, this couple is gifted musically and learned to play traditional music.  They led this roof top concert at the home of a following family who invited all of their non-following friends.  T and I were so encouraged to see this couple and the beginnings of the movement we are so urgently asking for.



A new experience in our world is our weekly trip to the US embassy for C to play T-ball.  They have green grass, pine trees, and T's coveted Diet Dr. Pepper there!!  I am assistant coaching and we are all having fun with it.  There are kids from all over the world on C's team.  Oh and as a proud daddy I have to say, he is knocking the cover off the ball!!


C also started school last week.  The first week was a little crazy around the house, but I think teacher and student are getting the hang of it.  If we can just get little brother to play by himself for a little while C might just pass kindergarden!!