
One of my early attempts at playing football almost ended in disaster. I took the ball and ran with all my might. I ran and ran without meeting any resistance and then I realized (with the help of a hostile crowd) that I was running the wrong direction.
From this I learned that running into the enemy only means you are going the right direction. A lot has happened since our last update, but very little of it was on the schedule. Given the choice we would have passed on these events, but somewhere deep inside they have given us new resolve in the task for which we have come. The first event that turned our world upside down was a water leak.
For the first time in our lives we have discovered what a privilege running water is. Our home only receives water during certain hours of the day and stores it in a big tank on the roof.

One morning we awoke to an empty tank
and it has taken three weeks to find the broken pipe and to have it repaired. During the process of repair, water was left standing around the tanks and pump system where we were working. The standing fresh water was a breeding ground for mosquitos that carry the Dengue (usually pronounced DINGY) Virus. Long story short, C and I both ended up with the Dengue Fever and have spent the last ten days in discomfort (unable to do much of anything).

To be honest, in the middle of this time I felt as distant from our creator as I can remember. Then I

remembered
2nd Cor Chapter 4 and how our treasure
is in a clay pot, that it is in our weakness that the truth will show itself!! Our friends, we can't thank you enough for remembering us. Your request have real results here and we bear witness of His faithfulness. Oh, in case you were wondering, today we had water and both C and I are 100%. We took a couple of hard licks, but we are still standing and hopefully what's left shines brighter than before.
We also added a new member to our family. Let me introduce you to

Choco Master ShiFu!! I won't tell you how much this imported hamster cost, but let's just say we are expecting gold pellets to appear any day!! Regardless, it has been worth it to watch the boys enjoy their new pet.